Sunday, October 2, 2011

One by one the seasons change and peanut butter begins

I woke up yesterday morning to Fall. It seems like Mother Nature woke up Saturday morning and realized it was October and needed to cool things off a bit. Walking to the grocery store and back home brought back so many memories of France. In many ways I am living a parallel life to my time in France. However I don't have the luxury of having Laine here as a piece of home to hang out with and comfort each other. 


This week went by SO fast! I can't believe it. I'm excited for the next 2 weeks to pass as quickly so I can be home for a few days soaking up the SLO life. Until then I must really dig in and get a lot of work done. 

Yesterday while looking at kittens up for adoption at the local shelter I happened to look up the band The Acorn to see if they've done anything lately. It seems they have put out a new album and allowed me to fall in love all over again!



Images from the week...


Monday I woke up to fire trucks on my street


I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies


Click on Read More to see my recipe for Peanut Butter muffins with jam centers for an easy to go version of a PB&J.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peanut Butter and Jam Muffins
makes 12
based on this recipe


Preheat oven to 375 and line 12 muffin cups with wrappers
I used Halloween cups since it is now October and the ghosts are cute!

The ingredients (plus flour which is missing from the picture)

Mix together 
The dry ingredients in one bowl:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour 
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
The Dry ingredients 

In separate bowl, whisk together:
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter 
  • 1 1/2 - 2  Tbs. oil (I used olive oil but canola will work)
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 cup  milk
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
Assembly
Put 1 spoonful of batter into the muffin cups (so it's 1/3-1/2 full) and make a small indent in the middle. Then place 1/2-2/3 tsp of jam in the indentation. Put half a spoonful of batter on top and encase the jam so it is in the middle of the batter. 
Bake for 15-20 mins until browned on top


Let cool for 5-10 mins and enjoy


2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU LAUREN!! I feel so honored that you mentioned me in your blog post, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I could send you blackberry jam and sunshine! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete