Thursday, October 20, 2011

A weekend in Pleasantville...

My weekend in SLO was EXACTLY what I needed. Even though there was some stress and drama just to get there.  I was an hour and a half delayed getting out of La Guardia, however I was being told by the flight attendants that we should make it and they are going to hold the flight in Denver for us. 

Once I get to Denver I RACE to the gate for Santa Barbara and luckily they were still boarding. I get in my seat call everyone and let them know I made it and buckled up. Then the pilot walked out... it was too foggy in SB to land and now LA was too fogged in as well. No flight was landing on the west coast that night... so I get my stuff and walk to the customer service line. 

They rebooked the flight for the next morning at 8 am and gave us hotel vouchers. I go to the embassy suits and realize I haven't eaten that day except some cereal, yogurt and a carrot muffin that morning and I'm STARVING. I call room service... and they are closed for the night. Luckily the hotel had a small "market" with a lot of candy and a couple types of crappy chicken soup. so I bought some soup and popcorn and went back to my room. The good part of it was that it allowed Ross and I to really talk for the first time in a long time completely unrestrained by time or anything. I loved being able to really talk for an hour or so about everything and nothing. 

The next morning I woke up at 5am MT (4am PT 7am ET) and got some food and coffee then collected my stuff and went downstairs to catch the shuttle to the airport. 

I wish I could explain how excited I was... pretty sure everyone on the flight thought I was crazy since I couldn't stop smiling like a fool. 

When I landed in SB Ross and I took the pass back to SLO and stopped at the AG In&Out for burgers and fries. Once we got back to his house it was around noon so we finished eating and took a nap since we were both up late and got up early. 

That afternoon was BEAUTIFUL and warm and sunny and the perfect SLO. we walked to Granada Bistro and had "the Lauren plate" which is goat cheese, nutella, salt, and fruit on crostini bread. Ross had his Spaten optimator beer and I enjoyed Chimay. It was the perfect afternoon

That night I got to catch up with Jude for 20 mins before she and Caren went to go see Axis Dance perform at the Cal Poly PAC. Then the boys and I went to Giuseppe's. 

I really do miss being one of the boys... A meal with Ross, Kiel and Wes will always equal extreme laughing and inappropriate jokes. After dinner we headed to McCarthy's so I could see Vanessa who was working that night and Caren could join us for a drink. It was awesome to catch up with her and hear what's up in her life right now. We were going to go to sheep but we all decided to call it a night instead. 

Sunday morning the 3 boys and I went for brunch before going to Bravo SLO to see Variable Perform. I ordered the stuffed French toast with strawberries... and proceeded to eat the whole thing... then finish Kiel's pumpkin pancakes. 





Seeing Variable perform Tool and Falling up without me was really strange but I'm glad I went and saw my family and was able to share some Variable love. I miss my Variable family and it was good to be around them even if only for a short time.

That night was going to be dinner and Dexter so Ross, Kiel and I went to the store to get some supplies. I promised to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and Kiel promised tacos.

After shopping I proceeded to take a nap on the couch while Ross helped Kiel stuff his grandfather's flag into this nice wooden display box. When Caren came home we all curled up and watched big bang theory (well Kiel, Caren, and I watched it while ross slept) and drank some wine. It was the perfect afternoon/evening.


Monday Ross had school so I went to Linnaea's and waited for Caren and Kiel to get off work so we could get some lunch and hang out.

mmmm apple muffin and Dirty chai

 After lunch at Jaffe, we decided to go to the beach with the dogs, on the way home we sponatenously went a route none of us had been on and ran into Kelsey winery where we wine tasted with the peacocks...

After Ross got back from school we made dinner and hot tubbed. 

Tuesday I had lunch with Raechel at high street deli while Ross had chem lab. I love Raechel and catching up with her was frickin awesome. I know she's going to discover aliens some day. 

That afternoon Ross and I just hung out and watched a movie as the fog rolled in. My favorite thing in the world is to be with Ross, Caren and Kiel just being together either making dinner, watching a movie or just doing nothing. 

Before my flight we went to sushi and then he waited with me in the airport till it was time to go through security where walked with me until I had to go through the detector. This time was much easier to say goodbye, though I hate saying it. 

Coming back was no problem, and I made it to my dance history class (after biking in the pouring rain). 

I just wish I was still in Pleasantville... I love that place more than I could possibly describe. It's beyond beautiful and feels so much like my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment