Sunday, September 25, 2011

A much needed change of scenery

This morning was a big day for me, my first trip to the city. Holy shit did I need this trip. Turns out my good friend Spank from SLO was i town this weekend for a family wedding in NY and luckily had free time sunday morning to meet with me before I had to be back in Yonkers for rehearsal.

And so my adventure began...





I took the Metro North Harlem line into grand Central station where I waited at the info booth for the much needed dose of home. 



I acted like a tourist while I waited




After we met we started walking down 42nd street and ran into a big market on 5th Ave, so we walked down it. (side note on the way some random lady asked us where the subway was! haha) 



It was so nice to be with Spank and have a little piece of home here, I also like talking to Spank and being silly. He couldn't have come at a more necessary time. 



more after the break
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
After walking down the market a ways we headed back towards Bryant Park and went to this french cafe place for brunch. Which was frickin delicious. 


We started with the mediterranean platter (jaffe flash backs hardcore) 



Then we halvsied two sandwiches: prociutto mozzarella sun dried tomato pesto and grilled chicken something  with tomatos and pesto



It was a really cool place that was very "Lauren" as Spank put it




After eating we still had an hour before I needed to catch my train so we went into Bryant park and sat in the sun (first time I've seen sun in days, I told Spank he's not allowed to leave and take the sunshine away) .




Unfortunately I did have to go back to Yonkers WAY too early. I wanted to stay in the city with Spank really bad. On the train I realized how badly I needed the change of scenery and the boost of familiarity in my life.




From the train station I went straight to Heather's rehearsal, which was awesome and I'm really excited to show the work tuesday.

After that I went home for my baking project of the week...



Lemon-Olive Oil-Vanilla Yogurt Cupcakes with fruit
(link)







Now I just keep swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment