Sunday, September 18, 2011

new wheels, old pillow, future wings and some spacewalks

Last Saturday night I bought a bicycle!!!! It's a diamondback luster 1 hybrid bicycle. Riding around here is terrifying though. The NY drivers are psycho and there are no bike lanes and the sidewalks are super uneven and tiny. However it is nice biking to and from school, though I have to carry my bicycle up and down from the 3rd floor. Let's just say I'm going to be super uber fit by the end of the month.




Saturday afternoon we also had our internet hooked up in the apartment which is FANTASTIC! I get to utilize netflix again.  While the man was hooking it up I started on my newest baking project.

Every weekend I plan to bake a batch of something to take to school everyday for my mid morning break.

Last week I made sweet potato scones, this weekend I made a version of Black Horse's savory scone (my favorite) cheddar, leek and tomato scones. I have to admit though... they may not make it through the week. I just had one and I kind of want to eat them all right now.






Next week... either peanut butter muffins filled with strawberry jam in the middle or lemon yogurt cupcakes... haven't decided yet



Last sunday I baked the scones and received a phone call from macy's automated service on the delivery of my bed. I was supposed to receive my bed on monday afternoon, but when they called the machine told me that it would arrive monday morning from 9:45-11:45, which is when I had my only 2 classes of the day (grrrrrr). So I pushed the number to get transferred to the office that handles rescheduling... which is closed on sundays! and wouldn't open until monday morning at 9am... 45mins before the scheduled deliver and the same time as my class starting.

What a pickle they put me in. So my mom called on my behalf and unfortunately they couldn't reschedule me for that afternoon and it would 1-3 days before they could get the bed back so they could call and reschedule for a new delivery in a week or so.

by wednesday night I still hadn't heard from them so I decided I'd call the number for the automated delivery service and found out they could schedule my new delivery, which is for today! Sunday from 1-3pm. Thank god! (MY BED ARRIVED WHILE TYPING THIS POST!!!)


Monday night I was looking at flights for fun to go to SLO during the study days in October when we don't have classes on a monday/tuesday. So... I found a flight for under $400 roundtrip to SB/SLO.
So I will bin in San Luis from Oct 14th-18th! I'm so beyond excited it's not even funny.


Monday night was also our auditions in the dance department for our winter concert... as a 1st year grad we have last choice in dancers, which royally sucks. So to make it work that I didn't have to dance in my own piece I did a swap with Heather.

So I am dancing in Heather and Dawn's pieces and Heather and 3 undergrads will be performing mine. My first rehearsal was thursday and it went really well!


After realizing I was now dancing in 2 pieces and having rehearsals of my own I came to the conclusion I was doing too much and not able to give each part of my program the necessary attention it deserved. So I dropped teaching conference to take next year when I have less classes.

I personally think that was a super awesome decision.

At my rehearsal thursday night I met my 4 dancers (who are AMAZING) and I had them work on their slow motion space walk. I ended up with around 10 mins of improv spacewalk and it is SO COOL. I almost want to say "well dance is done, see you tech week." But I have so many more ideas to try who knows where this dance will really end up.


Next post... more about the weekend and why some days you just need to have your heart ripped out by a film

No comments:

Post a Comment