Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to the grind

This last week has been NUTS, three 11 hr days in a row capped by 8 hr days and my "free time" spent studying and working on my research paper.

Tuesday was the real shit show of a day, I had grad sem II then composition which I left early for a training conference with Liz Rogers which was so amazing and beyond valuable. From there I went straight to dance meeting for the whole department and met the tech staff. After dance meeting I had rehearsal time that I spent working on my homework and reading for grad sem I, then at 5:30 I had my first showing... which was terrifying.

How it works is, every other week we show during a class called dance making. We are each alloted 15 minutes to show everything we have created and or rehearsed with our dancers so far. Then we ask a question of the other students (ie. what images did you see?). The same week we go to a conference with Dan Hurlin and Sara Rudner to watch the video from the showing and discuss the work, how rehearsals are going, etc.

Wednesday I started rehearsals with Dawn, where we talked a lot about translation and what that means. I'm really excited about her piece!

Thursday and friday I had my own rehearsals along with class which was good, I'm really liking the direction I'm going and simply experimenting. During the week it has been working out that most of the dance grads have been eating lunch together which is my favorite part of the day. I love hearing what they have to say and just talking about things. It has been VERY helpful. 

Saturday I was in SUPER productive mode. In the morning it wasn't raining so I ran to the grocery store, when I returned I went to the Laundromat with Heather and much needed laudnry. Then I cam home and began work a curry recipe I had found here. This was crazy easy to make and for $11 total it'll give me 5 big meals (=$2.20/meal). 



After I made the curry I went to Heather's house to make cupcakes and hang out. They ended up being marshmallow cupcakes with vanilla frosting. However we started to run out of frosting half way through so we out just a little on top and the looked kind of like nipples so we added the extra marshmallow as a joke. 



I went home early that night to gear up and get ready for my big NYC adventure the next morning... to meet with a man named Spank. 



No comments:

Post a Comment