Monday, November 14, 2011

Karma Balances Itself

You know those days when you have so much to say and no where to start... therefore you feel like you have nothing to say. Yeah, today is kinda like that.

I guess I'll start from the last post.

my motivation and inspiration lately...



Read more for a quick recap of my week

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I am healed and hamstrings and I are back on the same page and doing our thing! Kicking combinations' asses

My showing on tuesday was my last before the marathon showing where we all need to be done and costumed. It went ok... while far from perfect I could see the potential and with Sara's help I refined my plan for fixing and finishing.

Thursday John Yanelli and I worked on finishing a musical score for my piece and it's pretty close to finished.

Friday I got to talk to Ross for an hour on video chat. I wish I could explain how much I love seeing his face and not feeling rushed in our chats. I love his face and I miss him more than I could probably explain.  Sometimes I'm scared I pester him too much because I get so lonely and bored here, while he is basically living the life he lived before we started dating. Which scares me too. But, I just have to remind myself that I'm being crazy.


Saturday I went to Starbucks with Bailey and Heather to work on our papers for graduate seminar world dance. Yes my paper is an ethnography of Basque Dance. After a productive day we decided to have a girls night...involving wine-margaritas, nutella puppy chow, newspaper nails, and ryan gosling.

Basically we were silly did our nails, I made puppy chow and we enjoyed ourselves immensely (which was much needed)

sunday I went to the store then rehearsal and home... I managed to whip up a batch of cheddar leek and tomato scones for the week (see previous post). I know I'm very disappointed in myself for not making something new but, there was a budget crunch this week and I had the necessary ingredients already and they are delicious.


So now the week of hell kicks in before the other weeks of hell. I work the open concert this week so I have to be at school from 9am-10pm tuesday-friday and 5-10pm saturday. Which means its bike riding week. Then I have my first thanksgiving all alone... well I guess I'll have JJ the tortoise here with me... and a 20 page research paper due Nov 28th.

It does hurt hearing everyone else's plans though. All I hear is how they all get to see the people they love and hang with friends and family next week... and I have to wait another month/month and a half until I get that luxury.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what I should make for my first solo thanks giving let me know. The current menu is:

Roast chicken from stop and shop
stove top stuffing
homemade smashed potatoes

1 comment:

  1. You need a dessert in there!
    What about these?
    http://jessicainsd.blogspot.com/2011/11/chocolate-chip-butterscotch-pecan.html
    Pecans are Thanksgiving-y right?

    ReplyDelete