Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beginning Modern Center combo

Last night I taught the beginning modern dance class for Variable Velocity. After a short crisis of identity last week, it felt so good to teach and the dancers are AMAZING in the class. To be cliche I felt extremely fulfilled just to be there and to teach and of course to witness them perform the phrase. The phrase was based on the idea of opposition and dynamics.

I added video with both myself in it and just the dancers, as a typical choreographer I actually prefer the video without me in it. I was breathless watching it and I'm really excited to teach it again next tuesday.

I LOVE DANCE (sorry, I felt that was necessary)



VV beginning class combo from Lauren Chertudi on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful ladies! I'm so proud of you Lauren--the movement, this page, your "crises of identity." Thanks for sharing yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete