Friday, February 5, 2010

Soundtrack

I LOVE Sigur Ros more than I can explain, but I'll try. It is the type of music I envision in my head during important moments of my life, sort of like a personal soundtrack. It is a bit of everything.

Jonsi (who has a solo album coming out that I am super excited for) has an angelic voice so that even though I don't understand the words, it doesn't matter.

I have been in several dance pieces choreographed to Sigur Ros music and it is completely understandable. The music is complex and takes you on a journey. I love the use of instruments and rhythms along with Jonsi's voice.


Sigur Ros - Við spilum endalaust - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

A trip across Paris in a van. Lost drumsticks. A cafe you'd never expect to visit before the age of 60. An hour of waiting, and then, voilà--a few notes on the harmonium, a grand piano, a heavenly voice. Sigur Ros on a Take Away Show.
http://www.blogotheque.net/Sigur-Ros,4783

Une traversée de Paris en van. Des baguettes oubliées. Un café qu'on n'imaginait pas visiter avant nos soixante ans. Une heure d'attente, puis voilà, quelques notes d'harmonium, un grand piano, une voix céleste.
http://www.blogotheque.net/Sigur-Ros,4782

Images : Vincent Moon
Production : Chryde
Editing : Nat
Sound : Ludovic Morin / François Clos

No comments:

Post a Comment