Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Initmacy Chronicles: rules and restrictions

Part 5!

I finally got my hard drive recovered from my old laptop and I was able to recover the lost dance videos from it (YAY!!!) This piece was all about using a very limited space (seriously limited!). It is the hallway between my room and Fran's. The doors go to the toilet and the shower that we shared.

I wanted to work with the limited space and see if I could fill it up, fit large phrases into small spaces, play with height vs length, etc. I wish I had been able to film a bit more in the space but this was all captured right before my laptop died and I had no space on my camera memory sticks for videos if I wanted to continue taking photos for the last month of my time abroad.

I remixed the phrases in the video a bit and set it to music by School of Seven Bells, song I am under no disguise.



The Intimacy Chronicles: rules and restrictions



The Intimacy Chronicles: rules and restrictions from Lauren Chertudi on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lauren Face!
    I just got a chance to take a look at your posts on here. I dig it! I thought this piece was pretty cool, I like the idea of using the space you're in for inspiration. I like it when art is a bit more reactive than expressive. If that makes sense at all :P Though now that I think about it I guess being reactive is expressive. Anyway enough crazyness from my brain... I love all the photos you've put up! and Im jealous. Will you let me take some the next time you come to B Town? Or maybe I will have learned something in my Video production class and we could play with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES let's do some craziness when I'm home next (possibly spring break?) I would love to do photos and I'm definitely into the idea of film!!!!

    we'll chat

    ReplyDelete