Saturday, November 6, 2010

rocks, woodland nypms, and psycho paths...


The last 2 days have been AMAZING for me. 100% dance 0% school and work. I'm sooooooo happy

Ok so I was asked to step in for an injured dancer in the universities dance company even though I'm not a member, meaning I will be a guest artist in the show for that one piece. I am so over the moon that I get to be a small part of the school's dance program. I have only ever taken classes and never been a part of the company for various reasons. I love the fact that I can act as a small supporting member and just be there for the experience. I don't want or need attention or solos or whatever, I simply want to dance and it felt so good to be able to do that.

Friday was my first rehearsal for the piece, (which they are almost done with so I have a lot of homework to do! which lets be honest makes me ridiculously happy). It's an amazing piece that is a lot of fun to do and I can't wait to actually learn it.

Friday afternoon Variable had a photo shoot in Montana de Oro in the Eucalyptus trees with Kiel Carreau and Kamil Konrad. I felt like a woodland nymph mixed with a tree monkey. It was such a good time and I know we got some epic photos and video out of it.

Today (saturday) we had rehearsal for the big performance in a week down in Palm Desert for the Dance Under the Stars at the McCallum Theater, where we are competing. I am beyond excited for it and I think the piece looks awesome. It feels tight and strong and looks clear and precise. I LOVE it.

It's been such a great 2 days and I love being a dancer more than anything in the world. It's actually kind of funny, a friend of mine kept asking if I was going out the last couple nights. Thursday I had dance until 10pm, Friday dance from 8-11am photo shoot from 1-6, Saturday dance from 8-12. His point was that I need to re organize my priorities and stop being so good and dance and devoting my time to it. According to him I need to slack off, drink/party more, and dance, study and work less. I'm sorry to say that's never going to happen I love dancing too much.

photo by Ryan Polei Spring 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment