Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicken Stew for the body

Last night I saw LEVY dance from SF and they were AMAZING!!!! The audience sat on the stage and interacted with the dancers. We were encouraged to take photos and video during the show as long as we promised to post them on their Facebook page. If you get the chance to see them DO IT... the piece I saw was called Romp, which is exactly what it was.




Chicken and Lentil Stew 2 servings

1/2 T olive oil
1 leek, white & light green parts sliced (I omitted the leek since I didn't have one...)

1 yellow onion 
1-4 clove(s) garlic
1 - 1 1/2 c carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices

2 medium parsnips cut into 1/2 inch slices1 c cooked chicken ( I roasted 3 small chicken thighs)
1/2 c dry green (or other) lentils

1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t dried marjoram
1/4 t dried rosemary
(instead of adding herbs separately I just added 1 tsp of herb de provence spice mix)
2 c chicken (or veggie) stock, hot
1/2 c kale




Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the leek & onion, cook until translucent. Stir in the carrots, chicken, lentils, and spices. Add the hot stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add Kale, cover-simmer for about 30 minutes, until the lentils are tender.




I am also baking some french boules found here to go with the stew

No comments:

Post a Comment