Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Miss Lonely New York...

Well it's official... I now live in New York; Yonkers, New York to be precise. I have been here about a week and officially explored pretty much everything there is within walking distance of my house.

Events so Far:
Thursday 8-18-11
I move in! yay... Slight panic when I arrive to find out the number my roommate gave me for the landlord is wrong... and my phone is dead. Luckily I am very smart (some days) and I knew my laptop had full charge and my phone charger is a usb so I got that plugged in and got to texting my roommate.
When I got to the house I was let in and hauled my beasts called baggage up to the third floor of the house, which is our apartment. The place itself is very open and light and pretty. I really like the apartment, and when all of my stuff finally arrives my room will be quite charming and nice.
That afternoon I left to walk to the school, all I knew was that it was on Kimball street about a mile away. Unfortunately, I accidentally walked the wrong way down Kimball and got very angry at the HUGE Hills I had to go over. On the way back I stopped by a CVS and grabbed some food to last me a couple days (IE ramen).
When I returned it was starting to get stormy and there was a large thunderstorm, which of course made me happy.

Friday 8-19-11
I found a neighbor that has an open internet wifi, but it doesn't always work but has allowed me some internet access so I don't go crazy.
Today I decided to actually walk to school and see the grounds (not covered in snow, like when I visited in February). It was really pretty! I'm excited to start school and get going with becoming a real dancer/choreographer.




That evening I was luckily taken to the store by my roommate who has a car so I could get some real food.


For more.... see next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment